Monday, November 15, 2010

Treasure Hunting

Last week I found a few great treasures while making my rounds, these being my favorites:



I found these chests at an estate sale, $45 for all three.  I've been looking for a new console for my back hall entry and the top chest is perfect for the space.  I'm going to use the other two pieces as my nightstands.  I can't wait to have all of the extra storage space, as my current ones are actually end tables with no storage.  I'm thinking of painting them classic Dorothy Draper style like this set from Pieces that sells for $3800...

My steal of the week was this wicker throne chair that I picked up for only $1!
Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but for a dollar, I'll figure something out.

We've started sanding and priming the drawers, hopefully I'll be able to share some "after" photos by the end of the week.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my.. how spectacular are those going to be.. what ever you choose to do, they are amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your treasures! Can't wait to go find more! I am waiting anxiously for the 'after' pictures of those night stands!

    ReplyDelete