Thursday, December 10, 2009

Color Coordinated

I'm a big believer that your Christmas tree & decor should match the rest of your house, and yes, that includes wrapping paper too! So, if your house looks like this:





Your tree should look something like this:


This tree in Lee Kleinhelter's living room is probably my favorite non-traditional Christmas tree ever. It may seem odd to have a yellow and white tree, but it goes seamlessly with her decor and anything else would have stuck out like a sore thumb. And because I love her style so much, here's some other pics from her house (from Cottage Living mag):






*via martha stewart, i suwannee, cottage living

3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous images. I love so many things it would be hard to list. Makes me really want a chevron rug though...

    I've tried to do a themed tree to match, but then all the sentimental oranments don't get to go up...and I kinda love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have too many sentimental ornaments, but the ones I do have get hidden in the back of the tree. I'm sure when I have kids I'll have two trees- one pretty one, and one for all of their stuff:)

    I love the chevron rug too...A LOT.

    ReplyDelete