Thursday, May 21, 2009

Modern Beach Style

As I was flipping throught the May issue of Sunset Magazine, I stopped dead in my tracks as I came upon the home of Russell and Susan Ortiz, owners of Shine Home, a company known for their beach bohemian style. Lately I can't get enough of this look...a white base with pops of color throughout just makes me happy and gives off the laid back yet put together vibe I crave. Since the end of my beloved Domino mag, Sunset has been one of the few reasons I bother to check the mailbox anymore. In case you're not familiar with Sunset, it focuses on life in the West, with everything from home & garden, travel, food & wine, and community. Even if you don't live in the West, it's worth checking out for a little inspiration. Here are some of my favorite shots from the Ortiz home...








This space is light and bright and works because they stuck to a pretty basic saturated color scheme of white, blue, green, yellow, and a touch of orange. I'm diggin' it, and their little dog, too.

Some of my favorite pieces from Shine Home:








No comments:

Post a Comment