Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Goodwill Finds

I'm a big fan of Goodwill, especially of their 50% off sales every other Saturday.  I live right next to Sun City, which is a large retirement community here in Phoenix.  Since the population is  slightly vintage, they usually have some pretty cool things that they are getting rid of.  I love trolling estate sales through their neighborhoods and consequently, our local Goodwill is full of unique vintage items.  These are some interesting things that I spotted last weekend that I should have bought, but didn't:

Yellow ceramic lamp bases, only $5 each!

There were 4 of these chairs for $4 each!  I thought they would have looked cool with a different fabric on the seat, I was seriously considering them for my dining table.  Too bad my husband hated them.

I don't think I mentioned that I have a small etsy shop where I sell some of my vintage finds.  You can check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed for you that you didn't get the yellow lamps. I could definitely see them painted aqua and sitting on a buffet.

    BTW, love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm still kicking myself for not buying them. I don't know what I was thinking that day, you can never have too many lamps:) The good news is that I'm always finding great lamps at our Goodwill so something just as good is bound to come up again!

    ReplyDelete