Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Craft for Hope

I'm having a hard time coming up with blog posts this week that don't seem completely trivial in lieu of what's happening right now in Haiti. My heart breaks for people of Haiti, and even the rescuers and doctors that are there because they are seeing things that no one should ever have to see and that will stay with them the rest of their lives. It's overwhelming to think about, but there are things we can do to help, no matter how small they seem.

I'm excited about participating in Craft Hope for Haiti and donating something to their etsy shop. They are accepting handmade goods (whether you have an etsy shop or not) and ALL proceeds will benefit Doctors Without Borders in Haiti. I think this is a great way to get involved, either by donating or shopping from their site.


Sorry for the heavy post today, I promise I'll be back to my usual pretty things soon. I read a comment over on Darby's blog about the situation that read "we are not to blame for what happened in Haiti, but we are to be held accountable for what happens AFTER." Well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment