Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Goodwill finds

I didn't have too much luck at the Goodwill 50% off sale last weekend, but I did make two purchases... 


I'm not sure where I'll put this collage, but there's something about it I like and for $6, you can't go wrong.  I love finding original art at thrift stores, it is inexpensive and you're not going to see the same thing hanging in your neighbor's house which is a plus.  I have a gallery wall in my entry that is made up of half vintage & half etsy finds.  Since I don't spend a lot of money on the art, I don't feel guilty about switching it out when I feel the need to change it up.  In fact, I'm already planning to spruce it up a little...


all from Goodwill...
a sweet watercolor painting of a fall forest

an oil painting of the sea

a lovely peacock drawn with colored pencils

vintage map

 the little yorkie is in honor of these shaggy brothers who rule the house:

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am a collector of vintage/thrifted art and am totally jealous of your awesome finds! I'm loving the newest collage and the seascape. Let me know if you ever want to do a trade! ;)

    ReplyDelete