Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sofa Picks

I think I may have found my perfect sofa....

Let me introduce you to the English Roll Arm Upholstered Sofa from Restoration Hardware. It's classic style & proportions will never go out of style and it's just the right shade of griege. While it's not cheap, it's much less than the iconic George Sherlock sofas that I'm sure were the inspiration behind the design:

I am constantly searching for the "perfect" sofa style to replace my less than ideal existing furniture that is too dark and a bit outdated. Up until now, my top pick has been the Seabury from Pottery Barn but I believe it's just moved down to the #2 spot.


In the #3 spot is the Stockholm sofa from Ikea. It has nice lines, but the quality isn't quite as nice as the above two. Priced at $1,299 it is the most budget friendly, but I'm not sure it's worth that much. Has anyone else noticed that Ikea seems to be getting more expensive??

Which style to you prefer? Sadly, all of them are currently out of my furniture budget, which at the moment is $0. But a girl can dream, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm more of the last style- but would have to tradish it up with a skirt!!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    And thanks for inspiring my post today... hope you don't mind. I was sure to link you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the restoration couch. I saw it in the shop the other day and wanted to sink into it for hours.

    ReplyDelete