Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stalker Alert- Jenna Lyons

When I grow up, I want to be Jenna Lyons, the super stylish creative director at J. Crew. In my opinion, her taste is impeccable in both clothing & interiors. I've been a little obsessed with the NY Brownstone that she shares with her husband and adorable little boy since I first saw it in the Nov '08 Domino issue, and I was elated to see a more detailed glimpse of it in the September '09 issue of Living Etc. She has a knack for combining classic traditional pieces with unexpected twists (hello, yellow sofa) to create an elegant, yet totally livable style.




From the Domino issue:

The zebra rug totally pulls this room together (I'm hoping it's faux)


Aww...


This is probably one of my all time favorite nurseries, love the striped ceiling!


Love this photo of the stylish couple...and the centered door knobs!



I don't love the console in the entry, but I'll let her get away with it for being awesome everywhere else.


Chalkboard paint on the master bedroom walls, dramatic & perfect for the space.

Notice that little Beckett graduated to a big boy bed.

There's even a beautiful backyard, if you can stand looking at any more gorgeousness.

Her closet, of course, is to die for. Although I do like the first photo from Domino better, the latter is probably more functional.


Even more photos from her architect's website:

It's even perfect from the outside, I LOVE white houses with black accents.


These shots really help get a sense of how the spaces flow together.


Isn't her home fabulous? I love seeing how the space has evolved from the Domino spread to the new one in Living Etc, and seeing how the new photos fill in some of the gaps to give a more complete look at her home. And now I feel like a stalker for posting so many pictures of her, but I'm sure you understand after seeing all of this fab eye candy.

1 comment: